A LITTLE PROGRESS

After I finished the red and black Twill Block scarf I was dying to start a semi lace project.  I found exactly what I was looking for in the same issue of Handwaoven as the Twill Block Scarf.  The magazine called for Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Bamboo, but I didn’t have any in so stash.  So instead I decided to use the black bamboo I purchased from Herritage Spinning and Weaving last year.

I warped a modified draft that removed the extra lace strips on either side and added a few extra inches to the center lace strip.  Unfortunately after I got the reed sleyed, the heddles threaded, the warp wound and tied on, and the border woven I discovered that I had made several threading mistakes.  Luckily I was able to do a bit of finagling and I got it worked out without having to re-thread the entire project.  Yeah for me!!

I am really enjoying the process, and despite Harley trying to get my attention, he crawled between me and the loom and just sat there.  I was able to get a few inches done, and I’m loving it!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: